A delicious accompaniment with White Steamed Rice and Pepper Water or Dol Curry!!
½ kg boneless pork preferably without fat, cut into small bits3 tablespoons chillie powder
½ teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon all fenugreek (methi) powder
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
1 teaspoon black salt (optional)
Salt to taste
1 cup Refined Oil or Sesame oil
2 cups vinegar
Method1. Wash the pork well and leave to dry for some time.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the garlic and ginger till light brown.
3. Add the pork and fry well till the pork hardens and is almost dry
4. Mix in the chillie powder, cumin powder, mustard powder, fenugreek (methi) powder, turmeric, vinegar, black salt and salt and mix well.
5. Cook on low heat till the pork is cooked and the gravy is almost dry.
6. Remove from heat and cool the pickle.
7. When completely cold, store in Bottles and use when required.
This pickle will last for about a month.